Saturday 11 July 2015

2. A Timid REPORT

Uhh, emm..

The report for INTERN

Date: 29/06/15 to 19/09/15

Venue: A random factory in Kuala Lumpur.

Task: Everything from production (Packaging, Sealing, counting, sticking and etc) to RnD

Mood: Exciting to Boring.

Social Environment: Harmonious until the boss is here.

What you had learn so far:
Reality check, real life lesson

So, Internship is actually a part of my degree curriculum and it has a weight of 6 credit hours (effing great). It is now the second week in this cute company and so far, things are pretty much cool and cute. I am actually the oldest intern in that company and I AM ONLY 23. I AM EVEN OLDER THAN SOME OF THE STAFFS THERE.

Okay, I'm just whining.

The amount of things that I learnt in these two weeks were astounding. It is just... exciting. Okay, there is no hottie and what so ever but it is so excited that I could finally have a glimpse of the reality of industry in Malaysia.

It sorta give me some reality slap.

Some of my friends might know that I had always to want to be a pharmacists. But life certainly like to slap me and give me a ticket to the land of sea turtle for me to pursue my degree in chemistry.  During my intern, I had a a chance to interact with the intern pharmacists in the company. (What, pharmacy in industry?)

Oh yes, there is. From what I heard from them, it seems like dispensing in GH is not that easy, its not about the job, but the chance you have to involve in one. Most of them might just end up in local pharmacy or in local pharmaceutical industry.

Is it really what I want?

To be honest, my interest in pharmacy is always in the aspect of drug discovery, where I could find some possible active ingredients to be applicable in modern medicine and I have always have a thought of connecting TCM, and other ancient medical system with modern medicine , as in the way the unknown active ingredient, and their roles in the human body. Being in pharmacy, as I see from them, doesn't really bring me closer to my goal. Yes, they have some basic in traditional medicine but hmm, is it what I want?

Who knows chemistry is perhaps the best road for me?

We'll see,we'll see.





1 comment:

  1. It's great that you're involved so many things. A great overall involvement.

    ReplyDelete